The library is a free resource located in the Quitman House. Resources cannot be borrowed; they are available for viewing on most Fridays from 9am to 1pm or by appointment. A photocopier is available for use with a small fee per copy. Please call (845) 871-1798 or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
The Quitman House was saved from demolition and preserved by volunteers over a 25 year period. From listing your home on the National Register of Historic Places to wallpaper choices, these volunteers have accumulated a wealth of information and experience related to historic preservation.
· A database of our resources
· Town and
Village, State, and National Registers of Historic
· indexed Old House Journal from 1976 through 2003
· books on local and regional history
· books and pamphlets on how-to preservation information
· technical leaflets
· archive guidelines
· preservation briefs
· preservation material catalogues
· preservation audio-visuals
· rehabilitation guidelines
· restoration materials information
· early Rhinebeck maps